Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I like adoption.

I've had the privilege of meeting several members of this family, including the little girl in the wheelchair and the boy playing the piano...with his toes.  When Chris and I saw him at a Bethany Christian Services dinner, he was playing the guitar.  His dad, Mike, spoke about how adoption had changed his life in radical, wonderful ways.
I just had to post this video.  My two favorite quotes:

Sharon: "We are such victims of our culture...focus on what's important, and the rest will follow."

Mike: "There is no physical thing that you can buy that's going to give you true peace and happiness.  The pure joy that will come from the rescue and ransom of a child's life is probably the most satisfying thing you can imagine."

Watch and be moved.

I like adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment